PhD and MPhil
GIM provides a very conducive environment to carry out cutting edge research in the field of management. The research areas at GIM include Marketing, Human Resources, Organisational Behaviour, Entrepreneurship etc. Guruvayurappan Institute of Management is an approved Centre for research offering PhD and MPhil on Part-Time mode affiliated to Bharathiar University.
Admission to the research programmes will be made through the common entrance exam conducted by Bharathiar University followed by an interview.
The common entrance exam is conducted during the month of May/June. The registration to the programmes will be held during August and January.
- The candidate must have qualified for the Master’s Degree in Management.
- A candidate having a minimum 55% (for SC/ST candidates the minimum eligibility is 50%) marks in the qualifying examination.
- A teacher working in a Department of the University or of an affiliated College of this University / Higher Secondary School / High School / Polytechnic / Colleges affiliated to other universities
- Any Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant/Company Secretary and other professionals with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their professional qualification is eligible for Ph.D. registration. The subject for registration may be the same as that of the professional qualifications in the case of ACA/AICWA/ACS. The guides may be from the Departments of Commerce, Management Studies, Economics or concerned subjects.
- For candidate other than a teacher candidate, any permanent staff in a Government Office/Private or Public Ltd., Company/a recognized factory/institution/research institution/Educational Institution/business who has successfully completed probation and holds a Master’s degree with a minimum of 50% of marks in the qualifying examination (staff includes Board of Directors, Proprietor and Partner) are eligible for Ph.D. registration in the relevant discipline.
- Candidate working as a Guest Lecturer in a Govt. College or a Govt. Aided College in Tamilnadu or other State be allowed to register subject to the production of NOC from his/her employers
- Candidates from outside Tamilnadu working in National Institutes (like NIT, CSIR, etc.) are allowed to register for Part time Ph.D. subject to production of NOC from HOD/Head of the Employer where the candidate is employed.
For more details on eligibility and guidelines, visit the website of Bharathiar University: http://www.b-u.ac.in/Home/Research
For Admissions to the Research Programmes at GIM; Contact: 0422-2656213