The GIM LIBRARY is the principal provider of scholarly information resources to the campus community. We work with faculty and students in the discovery, use and management of information that supports their research, teaching and learning.
With this desired future in mind, the Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in breadth and form, open to browsing, and of renowned quality. We ensure that all users are aware of the resources available to them and make access to these resources easier.To serve the needs of future users, the Library preserves information in formats which are widely used and ensures effective storage and retrieval systems are in place. The Library’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the campus experience.The Library’s collaboration with expanding circles of partners yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
Books : 15260
Journals and Magazines : 105
E-Journals : 2
News Papers : 18 English, Tamil and Malayalam
Encyclopedia Britanica : 33 volumes
E-Journals includes J- Gate Social and Management Science and RMIT Business Collection.
The same can be accessed online through User ID and Password
Titles include The Hindu, The New Indian Express, Times of India, Business Standard, Business Line, Economic Times, Mathrubhumi, Malayala Manorama, Dinathanthi, Dinamalar, Dinamani and Dinakaran. (These News papers are also available in both Boys and Girls Hostel)
Journals and Magazines
National and International Journals and Magazines are available.
Features of Library
- The LIBRARY is open on all WORKING days from 8 AM TO 7 PM
- All resources are Bar coded. Modern Lib Software is used for Circulations like issue and return of resources.
- Individual bar coded ID cards are provided to the users.
Guidelines for Access
Login and Logout is compulsory to access the library
- The resources will be issued from the library only by producing the Bar coded ID
- Users must use their own ID card for any Library Transaction.
- ID card is not transferable to any other user.
- Maximum 6 Books can be taken with usage period of 10 days . A token Fine Rs.1/- per day will be charged for Overdue books.